Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Westport





This past week was a very exciting week we had an amazing short two day field trip to Westport. We started the trip off by stopping at various places on the way to Westport, so we could get out of the bus to take amazing photos. Although, I wished we had gotten to Westport faster but the time we took to stop to take extraordinary pictures was great, and I am definitely glad that we took those extra stops because I definitely did take advantage of the opportunity to take astonishing pictures, and I could not beat the views that came with each stop we took. Then after a while we made it into Westport, and as soon as we got there we went to Croagh Patrick, and what we did there was climb a mountain. Just let that sink in I attempted to climb a MOUNTAIN with no experience whatsoever, however it was fun trying to climb the mountain. It was certainly very hard to climb it because there was no real set path to climb up, instead I had to walk over little rocks that moved around when I tried walking (and was really hard on my feet, as well as almost rolled my ankle a couple of times but thank goodness I did not), and when I was climbing up I used muscles that I have not used in a long time (like my legs and calves they were burning!) but nonetheless I was very sore on my lower extremity afterwards. I also did not make it to the top of the mountain that would have taken such a long time, and we did not have a lot of time for the pace I was going at (which was slow). In addition I did not even make it halfway up the mountain that is where I stopped, and thought I could not make it to the top at the pace I was going at. I was a little disappointed that I did not try to push myself to try harder, however I was proud for the progress that I did make considering this was my first time climbing up a mountain (and was not mentally and physically prepared for it, but maybe I will attempt this again in the future). After our adventure on the mountain we headed to our hostel then to dinner, and had a relaxing evening since we had such a hard, tiring workout. The next day was a free day, and we went to the Westport house, but we did not go into the house instead we just walked around the outside of it, and took in the beautiful view.
 One of the pictures I took when we were stopping before getting into Westport.
 View looking up at Croagh Patrick.
 Croagh Patrick. Where I stopped climbing up..
 Westport house
         Later that day when we headed back to our cottages we had stopped in a town called Cong, and I went saw a castle it was absolutely breathtaking, like not exactly the castle itself but the water that was behind the castle that view was without a doubt the best part about the castle. Overall Westport was a fun place it was exciting to have had a field trip I felt like it had been a long time since we had one. Having a field trip like this always makes me grateful that I am here in Ireland, and how lucky I am to experience everything so far.
 Castle in Cong
Beautiful view from behind the castle in Cong.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment