Thursday, February 4, 2016

Week One Of This Amazing Adventure


Artifact at a Galway Museum
 
Never have I ever thought that I'd be able to go to Europe to travel, and I'd especially never believe that I'd get a chance to go to Ireland in my lifetime. I cannot express how excited, and grateful I am to have such an opportunity to travel in Ireland, and be able to learn their history, and what makes Ireland, Ireland. It gives me great pleasure to know that I will be able to learn more about my heritage, and what makes me who I am. When Saturday morning came, and I had to prepare to leave for Ireland I had so many mixed emotions going through my head. I was ecstatic, but nervous for the travel there. It didn't help that on the way to the airport my stomach kept flip flopping as I kept holding my significant other's hand trying to calm myself, and think happy thoughts for the travel ahead. I have traveled on planes before, but I've never traveled on planes internationally before so I had no idea what to expect whether it would go well or not. We get to the airport, and check in and everything was going fine until it was time to pass through security. Looking at my family, and significant other I did not think saying goodbye would be as hard as it was. After saying farewell to everyone I made my way past the security, and it was time to wait for the flight. The flight to Newark was easy as cake it was only two hours, and we even flew over the statue of Liberty! Getting off of the plane, and making our way to the next gate went pretty well. The layover felt long as we were all anticipating our flight for Ireland. As the time finally came to board our flight I had still felt a little worried, but I also felt giddier at that time. The flight to Ireland went good it was my first time to have food on a plane, so that was interesting to experience. But what I wanted more than anything else was to be able to fall asleep, and stay asleep but of course that didn't happen just short amount of sleep here and there. When we finally landed in Ireland I was not only groggy, but relieved that we finally arrived at our destination! When my roommates, and I got to our cottage it occurred to me in my head 'wow I can't believe this is the first day to an amazing adventure' that thought filled me with excitement, however I was still pretty jet lagged from everything that was going on throughout the day. Over the next few days my friends, and I experience so many adventures, and it hasn't even been a full week yet. So far I've seen how beautiful the ocean the waves are so pretty, and soothing. I've also traveled to a small town called Spiddal, and learned the history of the town, as well as the whole country. I also went to a cute little café, and had the best hot chocolate of my life. I also went exploring around the town seeing the locals houses, and see what's around town. Another day I also went to a bigger town called Galway, and we went around learning about the history of the town as well as the buildings around the area during the beginning of time for Galway. Afterwards my friends, and I explored to different stores, and see what's in them. Eventually we also went grocery shopping which was difficult to complete since we didn't plan everything out very well, so we'll have to back to shop more for groceries. As far as school wise my classes went pretty well, can't wait to learn more from those classes. So that's my exciting week so far, I'm pretty interested in what more fun adventures I'll be embarking on next. Stay tune for more adventure reveals next week until then slán! (Goodbye!).

2 comments:

  1. Awww Alexis! That is so cool. I love that yourr learning the language as well! I hope you're having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Alexis! That is so cool. I love that yourr learning the language as well! I hope you're having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete