Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Round Two! Week Two!


 A river leading to the ocean at Galway at night
 Rainbow after rain! Do you think there was a pot of gold?
Starfish photo credit: Sydney Norris
 
Dia Dhut! That’s hello in Gaelic. It’s been week two of my journey, and boy do I have some fun stories to tell you! Going back to last week, on last Friday our class went to Galway at night to see the nightlife, and what was there to do. My group of friends and I started off our night by going to a little Italian restaurant, in which it was a really good place with great food we all liked it a lot. After we had food we walked around for a little bit until we found other people in our group, and we walked with them. We all eventually went into a pub, and hung out there was a live band playing so we just stood by the front, and listened the band was pretty good. Then a random guy asked one of our friend’s to dance, and she danced with him that guy would keep coming up to ask her to dance with her. As well as another guy kept asking girls in our group to dance with him, including me (which surprised me but I danced with him) but those guys were entertaining to dance with, and they were nice. Soon after we were all done with dancing our group left to go to another pub, and that was a quite eventful pub to go to it was called the King’s Head. That pub also had a live band, and the songs that they played were quite familiar (for all us American’s that were there) such as, ‘Sweet Home Alabama’, ‘Highway to Hell’, ‘Wake Me Up’ and plenty of countless songs that my friends, and I danced to. We all agreed that we really liked that pub, Galway on Friday nights, and the music that the band played that is definitely a place to go to again! The next day we went back to Galway for grocery shopping since we badly needed to get groceries. Before we got those we went to other stores first, and I got a pair of waterproof hiking shoes, and I’m so glad that I got them because they’re so comfy, actually waterproof, and they are good when I go to the ocean and go climbing over rocks. Anyway grocery shopping went better this time since we had a list, and knew what we had to get which was less stressful, and we had more time to complete our shopping too. The next morning I was able to break in my new shoes when some friends and I went to the ocean to see the low tide. Seeing the low tide was the most amazing sight I’ve seen so far on this trip, I just love the ocean so much! Although it was so windy which made climbing on rocks very difficult, but I managed and just watching the tide looked calming like it normal makes me feel, and there’s nowhere I’d rather be than watching the waves crash onto rocks so peacefully. We also explored the rocks, and I was surprised to see that there were so many barnacles all over the rocks, and they were sharp too so that was interesting. On our way back one of my friends was able to see a live starfish! I’ve wanted to see a live, moving starfish all my life, and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it, it looked so adorable. This week has been a pretty eventful week, but this week I’ve also very homesick actually, and I didn’t think I would be homesick but I guess when I just think about home, or friends etc. it just makes me miss home, so that’s been a struggle this week that I’m still working on getting through that. But in better news this week I’ve been working on my spring break plans and I plan on going to different countries over the break, and I can’t wait to be done with buying everything for it, and can just relax when it’s all said and done. You’ll have to stay tune to see which countries I go to for the break which isn’t until March so a while away. To conclude that’s all for this week join me next week for some exciting adventures, and places that I’ll be going to so you’ll get to hear about that next week. Until then slán! (Goodbye!) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment